HOME   NEWS   SPORTS   OBITUARIES   CALENDAR   SHOPPING SHOW   LISTEN   CLASSIFIEDS   CONTACT
Weather Alert
Currently
44°
Bellefontaine, OH

Two teens admit to rash of bottle bombs (Audio included)

Two 17-year-old boys have admitted to making the bottle bombs that were found near city and county homes the last few weeks.

Bellefontaine Police Chief Brandon Standley said the teens were interviewed late Monday afternoon.

The boys admitted to making nine bombs in one day.

The teens drove around in the night and placed the devices near residences.

The first bomb was found near 440 East Columbus Avenue on July 24th.

Other bombs were discovered in the Bellefontaine area earlier this month.

Standley said the teens were cooperative and apologized for their actions.

Listen to Standley explain the case.

Authorities said tips from the community helped identify the teens.

Since the boys have not been charged, their names have not been released.

The case has been sent to the Logan County Prosecutor's Office for review.

No one was injured from the bottle bombs.

Comments
Become our Friend
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Make us Your
Homepage


This site was created by RiverBender.com
Copyright © 2014 Peak of Ohio
PeakOfOhio.com · WPKO 98.3 FM · WBLL 1390 AM
1501 County Road 235, Bellefontaine, OH 43311-9505
Phone 937-592-1045 · Fax 937-592-3299 · EEO Report