A structure fire in the city has displaced a family and a few of their friends.
The Bellefontaine Fire Department responded to an attic fire at 321 West Street Friday morning around 6:20.
Michael Hempker and Aimee Vernon live at the west side residence.
The family noticed smoke in the ceiling when they let their dog out.
Fire Chief J.P. Schulz says the electrical fire did about $10,000 worth of damage to the structure and contents.
The fire was above the kitchen and bathroom.
One off-duty shift was called in for assistance.
Fire crews were on scene for about two hours.
The Logan County Chapter of the American Red Cross provided the family with emergency assistance.
Tim McDaniel of rural Bellefontaine owns the home.
No one was injured.