A two-year-old boy playing with a lighter and a sparkler caused a structure fire in a downtown apartment Monday just before noon.
The Bellefontaine Fire Department responded to 218 South Main Street, Apt. 5 (near Sandy's Outlaws).
Heather Matthews, Jair Mundy, and four children live at the apartment, which is owned by Dan Mowery of Hilliard.
Assistant Chief Dwayne Dow said a bed caught on fire.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire damage to one bedroom, but there was smoke damage throughout the residence.
No one was injured.
The fire did about $15,000 worth of damage.
Fire crews were on scene for about 90 minutes.
The Logan County Chapter of the American Red Cross was contacted to provide emergency assistance.