An electrical fire caused significant damage to the rear of Staples, 2250 South Main Street, Monday night around 7:15.
Bellefontaine Assistant Fire Chief T.J. Weikart says the fire started in a large cabinet switcher (pictured).
The blaze caused more than $50,000 worth of damage, but the store's merchandise was not affected.
The store remains closed today.
No one was injured and fire crews were on scene for about an hour-and-a-half.
Several passersby called 911 to report the fire.
The fire impacted the electric supply at Lowe's for a couple of hours Monday night.