Ohio Hi-Point’s Board of Education met for a regular scheduled meeting Wednesday evening in the Sloan Inn.
During the board meeting, high school seniors Lauren Knepper, a Cosmetology II from Marysville High School, and Patrick Kunkle, an Auto Technology II from Indian Lake High School, were recognized as the November students of the month.
Knepper spoke to the board about her experience at Ohio Hi-Point saying, “I love coming to school and going to my program lab. I learn something new everyday and that helps set me up for a successful career.”
Kunkle echoed Kneppers thoughts and added, “My lab is my favorite part of the day. Coming to Hi-Point was the best decision I made for my education.”
(Pictured, left to right: Doug Lassiter, Marysville Board Representative; Lauren Knepper; Patrick Kunkle; and Kim Boswell, Indian Lake Board Representative.)
High School Director Shelly Swaney sent a report to the board celebrating OHP’s academics and career-technical education. Students Colton Low, an Electronics Engineering student from Bellefontaine, was named the Southwest Region Vice President at the SkillsUSA Leadership Conference in early November, and Nick Davis, an Electronics Engineering student from West Liberty-Salem, was named Southwest Region 1st Runner Up Historian.
More student successes include Ohio Hi-Point Graham Satellite students Shelby Faulkner, Carter Jenkins and Hannah Rutledge received the American FFA Degree, the highest degree a student can earn in agriculture, during the National FFA Convention.
Important dates were brought to the board’s attention including Thanksgiving Break (November 21-23) and Parent teacher conferences (December 6).
In other board action:
· Heard the legislative report from board member Warren Stevens (Urbana)
· Approved the report of the treasurer including interests and investments; appropriation modifications, transfers, increases and advances; and October’s financial statement
· Approved a salary schedule movement for a staff member earning a Master’s Degree
· The board approved the resignation of Michelle Rutledge (Adult Education Financial Aid/Students Services) for the purpose of other employment.
· Approved the attendance of Rodney Peterson, Auto Technology Instructor, at the Indy Motorsports Industry Show in Indiana
· Approved the donation of a 2000 Volkswagen Passat GLS from Mr. Wes Hall of Belle Center for use by the Auto Technology lab.
The next board meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, December 19th at 7 p.m. in the Sloan Inn.