COPPER MOUNTAIN, CO - Once again Louie Vito made it through a grueling qualifying round to advance to the U.S. Grand Prix World Cup finals on Saturday, January 12th. This year's Grand Prix is a World Pipe event and the beginning of the Olympic qualifying process for many countries. Several countries are represented including teams from Russia, China, Japan, Belgium, Norway, Canada, and even the Bahamas to name a few.
- Fan favorites Louie Vito (Sandy, UT) and Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH) advanced to finals.
- Halfpipe finals feature 16 athletes from eight countries.
- For the first time ever athletes are earning 5 Star World Snowboard Tour points at an FIS World Cup event.
- Halfpipe finals will be live streamed on the USSA Network Saturday beginning at 11:30am EST.
- The event will be broadcast on NBC and NBC Sports Network.
BROADCAST SCHEDULE for halfpipe (times ET)
- Sat. Jan. 12th, 11:20am - 12:40pm - halfpipe live stream, USSA Network.
- Sunday, Jan. 13th, 4pm - 5pm, halfpipe on NBC
- Sunday, Jan. 13th, 2:30pm - 3:30pm, halfpipe on NBC Sports Network