The Shelly Company will be in Bellefontaine making preparations for the City’s annual street resurfacing program this week.
They will start by posting areas with “No Parking” signs today and will begin milling by the end of the week.
Residents are asked to be mindful of the temporary no-parking areas and keep vehicles off of the street during the posted hours so that work can move forward safely and efficiently.
Vehicles not moved are subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
All or parts of the following streets are currently planned for paving this year:
- Bonnie Lane
- Campbell Drive
- Carlisle Street
- Center Street
- Charles Street
- E. Chillicothe from Madriver to Stanley
- W. Chillicothe from Seymour to Eaton
- S. Detroit from Clarkson to Lake
- Hayes Street from Columbus to Sandusky
- W. High Avenue from Main to Detroit
- Ingalls Avenue from Main to Detroit
- Iron Avenue from Main to Carlisle
- Kennedy Street from Williams around to Elm
- North Drive
- Palmer Avenue from Madriver to Park
- Stanley Street from Sandusky to Columbus
- Troy Road from Columbus to the Viaduct
- West Street from Garfield to Williams
- State Route 540 from the US 33 overpass to the eastern corporation line will also be resurfaced this year under an ODOT Contract.
Scheduling is subject to change based on weather and other factors.
The city will spend nearly $700,000 on street resurfacing this year. Funding for the program comes from the city’s general fund as well as gas tax money received by the city.