By: Alli Harlan
The Knowlton Library located at 220 North Main Street in Bellefontaine reopened to the public Wednesday morning.
Last year, the library had water damage throughout the building which led to an opportunity to update the library.
Employees from the library welcomed customers as soon as they entered the building Wednesday, showing their excitement from the wait for reopening.
Beverly Arlequeeuw, Executive Director of Logan County Libraries talks about the excitement leading up to the reopening:
- Teen lounge, a closed-in space with snacks and computers
- Children’s area that has games and activities for all ages
- Scanning station for receipts, newspapers, photos, and other documents free of charge
- Desk area with a window view for a quiet space to study
- Coffee Bar that has multiple flavors of coffee
- 3 computers are set up for easy access to finding books
- 4 desktop computers and 4 laptops to use within the library
- 2 study rooms, an enclosed quiet space for testing or studying
- Black and White printing is available for 20 cents
- Color printing is available for 50 cents
- Faxing is available for $1
To find events at the library, visit https://logancountylibraries.org/ or call (937) 599-4189.
The library is open Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 8 PM and Friday and Saturday from 9 AM to 4 PM.
To get a library card, bring documentation like a photo ID or a bill that verifies your address. They are free of charge and old membership cards are still valid to use.
They accept card and cash payments for any printing services.
A grand reopening event will take place in January of 2024.