Place your bets Logan County

Get ready Logan County to place your bets.

Come Sunday, sports gambling will officially be legal in the Buckeye state.

Many businesses like casinos, restaurants, and bars, have had January 1, 2023, circled on their calendar since Ohio House Bill 29 was passed last December.

You will not have to travel far to place your bets as there will be five local businesses in Logan County that will have sports betting: TP Lanes in Bellefontaine, Desperado’s in Huntsville, Froggy’s at the Lake, Indian Head Roadhouse, and The Pines in Quincy.

According to HB 29, tens of millions of dollars are expected to be raised on sports betting.

The Ohio Department of Taxation says 98% of the net revenue will go to funding for interscholastic athletics, other extracurricular activities for children, and problem gambling resources. The remaining 2% is dedicated to additional problem gambling support.

The Ohio Lottery Commission is in charge of regulating and approving Type-C Sports Gaming Host applications. Since the process began, 1,499 establishments in Ohio have had preliminary approval.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 800-589-9966, or visit the Resources for Problem Gamblers website.