Several area track teams competed at the OHSAA Southwest District Prelims at Graham High School Thursday evening.
The top 4 girls teams were:
- Dayton Carroll (32)
- Bellefontaine (17.50)
- Indian Lake (13)
- Benjamin Logan (11)
For Indian Lake, the girls’ 800 m relay team of Elayna Richardson, Jalan Martin, Reece Martin, and Addison Beck ran 1:47.69 and set a new school record. The previous record was 1:48.73 and was set in 2002 by Samantha Rodabaugh, Kristen Beck, Cassie Wallace, and Holly McKinley.
Other leading Lakers were:
- 3200 m relay team: KaiLea Miller, Cambria Tuttle, Evie Wagner, and Reagan Rash (10:49 PR)
- Stephanie Altstaetter, shot put (35-0.75)
- Ryan Culp in the pole vault (12-0 PR)
- Ava Faler,high jump (4-10)
- Grace Pequignot, shot put (34-9.25)
- Caiden Guantt, long jump (18-11)
Leading the way for the Benjamin Logan Girls:
- Isabel Henderson, 200 Dash (26.22).
- Isabel Henderson,100 Dash (12.87)
- Lexi Archer, Georgia Bates, Mylee Boysel, Estella Wenger, 4X800 relay (10:26.13)
- Kate Gulick,100 Hurdles (16.66)
- Isabel Henderson, High Jump (5-00)
- Ella Chamberlin, Mya Burrey, Macy Matthews, Hannah White, 4X200 relay (1:53.12)
- Kate Gulick, Mya Burrey, Macy Matthews, Hannah White, 4X100 relay (52.69)
- Hannah White, 300 Hurdles
- Ella Chamberlin, Kate Gulick, Mylee Boysel, Mya Burrey, 4X400 relay (4:29.81)
- Hannah White (17.36)
- Mylee Boysel, 800 Run (2:42.45)
- Georgia Bates (2:43.31)
The Benjamin Logan Boys team is currently tied for 6th at the Southwest District Meet. The Raiders scored 13 points from 4 finals on Thursday.
The top 4 in each event qualify for the Regional meet next week at Piqua.
Qualifying in Thursday’s finals was Trevor Berry 4th in the long jump with a jump of 20’3.25”. Carter Daniels 3rd in the pole vault with a vault of 12’.
Finishing 7th was the 4×800 team in 8:59 – Tyler Shoopman, Kendhal Stanley, Eli Rhodes, and Eric Hughes.
Qualifying for the finals on Saturday:
110 & 300H: Yale Scheiderer and Carter Buck
100 & 200: Sam Whitten
1600: Eric Hughes
800: Eric Hughes and Tyler Shoopman
4 x 200: Hunter Lattimer, Yale Schiederer, Ben Chamberlain, and Sam Whitten
4 x 100: Ben Chamberlain, Trevor Berry, Hunter Lattimer, and Sam Whitten
4 x400: Carter Buck, Hunter Lattimer, Dylan Vance, and Ben Chamberlain
Leading the way for Bellefontaine:
- Kelsey Snapp Shot 36’ 7”
- Ava Reeves 100 12.58
- 400 Relay Parker Penhorwood, Kylie Adams, Ava Reeves, Callie Shumaker 50.68
- Kylie Adams 100 Hurdles 15.71
- Tony Stewart 1600 4:47
- Kylie Adams 300 Hurdles 47.21
- Callie Shumaker 300 H 47.51
- Haiden Manns Discus 153’ PR
- Callie Shumaker 16.72
- Carter Kuhn PV 12’ 0” PR
- 300 Hurdles James Holt 43.77
- Perri Neeld Shot 34’ 10.5”
- 3200 Relay: Kailyn Newman, Kaileigh Flora, Montanna Buck, Harper Penhorwood 10:52
- 3200 Relay Zavier May, Max Varner, Carter Snapp, Tony Stewart 8:52
- 1600 Relay 3:41.14 Kaiden Foulk, Max Varner, Vansh Patel Carter Snapp
- Ryelee Reames High Jump 4’ 10”
- Sully Ashcraft Discus 129’ 5”
- 400 Harper Scott 53.24
- 300 Hurdles Ethan Orahood 44.66
- 800 Relay 1:35.93 Max Varner, Kaiden Foulk, Jack Hutchins, Vansh Patel
- 400 Relay 45.87 Jeffrey Smith, Max Varner, Jack Hutchins, Carter Kuhn 45.87
- 800 Kailyn Newman 2:43
- Seth Taylor 1600 5:05
- 800 Kaileigh Flora 2:44
Many athletes and relay teams qualified for finals and will compete Saturday in the finals at Graham starting at 1 pm.