The 2023 Champaign County Junior Fair Market Hog Sale took place Thursday afternoon.
Taking top seller in the show was Riley McAlexander. McAlexander’s hog was sold for over $13,000. Generous community members, supporters, and businesses pooled together $10,000, and further donations are still being accepted. Her hog sold for approximately $3,000. McAlexander could not be at the sale due to personal reasons.
Madison Ripley (Division 1 Champion Barrow) sold her hog for $7,680.
Dena Wilson (Reserve Champion Overall Market Gilt) sold her hog for $3,200.
See the results of the champions of this year’s hog side of the junior fair below:
- Cale Hall, Champion Overall Market Gilt, $2,500
- Zane Evans, Champion Overall Market Barrow, $540
- Dena Wilson, Reserve Champion Overall Market Gilt, $3,200
- Solomon Warye, Champion Born and Raised Gilt, $3,150
- Kaitlyn Metz, Champion Born and Raised Barrow, $575
- Sarah Beattie, Champion Performance, $800
- Lin Current, Reserve Champion Performance, $755
- Payton Hodge, Showman of Showman, $750
- Griffin Astorino, Intermediate 4-H Showman, $675
- Ayla Lensman, Junior 4-H Showman, $1,100
- Kaisley Bishop, Rookie 4-H Showman, $790
- Ryleigh Schafer, FFA Senior Showman, $1,800
- Adler Perry, FFA Jr. Showman, $425
- Kaden Gochenouer, Reserve Champion Lean Grain Performance, $1,000
- Rebecca Fraley, Champion Purebred Gilt, $400
- Ruby Forrest, Reserve Champion Purebred Gilt, $720
- Kole Bishop, Champion Purebred Barrow, $1,100
- Maci Runkle, Division 1 Champion Gilt, $1,300
- Madison Ripley, Division 1 Champion Barrow, $7,680
- Ava Astorino, Division 3 Champion Barrow, $2,700
- Levi Yelton, Division 5 Champion Barrow, $500
- Dezmond Tayler, Division 1 Reserve Champion Barrow, $750
- Riley McAlexander, 4-H Market Gilt Rosewood Livestock Club, $13,000+
The Champaign County Junior Fair is thankful for all of those who came out and supported the 2023 Champaign County Junior Fair Market Hog Sale Auction.