Submitted by Kelsey Webb
Eight Triad/Ohio Hi-Point DECA students advanced to the DECA state contest after placing in the top three in their event categories at the Ohio DECA District 7 competition last week.
The students were challenged to solve real-world problems in different areas of the business world within a certain time limit.
Advancing to the state contest in March are the following:
- Alyssa Conley – 1st Place in Principles of Hospitality and Tourism
- Austin Fitak – 2nd Place in Principles of Hospitality and Tourism
- Thomas Ford – 2nd Place in Principles of Business Management and Administration
- Luke Ford – 4th Place in Automotive Services Marketing
- Tucker Webb – 2nd Place in Business Services Marketing
- Gracey Gilpin – 1st Place in Restaurant and Food Service Management
- Megan McManaway and Xander Spain – 1st Place Marketing Management Team
- Nick Goehring and Xavier Spain – 2nd Place Travel and Tourism Team
Ohio DECA District 7 is made up of Gahanna Lincoln, Granville, Marion Harding, Marysville, Olentangy Berlin, Olentangy Liberty, Olentangy Orange, Olentangy High, Pickerington North, Triad, and Whitehall.
Students involved in the DECA chapter are part of Ohio Hi-Point’s Supply Chain Management satellite program at Triad High School. The instructor is J.J. Martin.