Except for skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the United States and is the leading cancer diagnosis for women in Logan County.
Although deaths from breast cancer have declined over time, breast cancer remains the second leading cause of cancer death among women overall and the leading cause of cancer death among Hispanic women.
To show support for those touched by breast cancer in our community, and to promote the importance of early detection through self-breast, exams, and regularly scheduled, mammograms; community members have relied together to Paint Logan County Pink for the month of October.
The community is invited to celebrate Logan County’s breast cancer survivors by attending any of three village events:
- Lakeview September 27th at 6:30 PM, downtown Lakeview
- Bellefontaine, September 28th, 6 PM, Courthouse Fountain
- West Liberty, September 28th, 7:30 PM, Town Hall Gazebo
If you are a breast cancer survivor, we encourage you to attend so that we can celebrate you and provide you with a complimentary 2023 event t-shirt. Please register no later than September 18th HERE. Breast cancer survivors are encouraged to attend so the community may show support and celebrate their strength encourage.
The Logan County Cancer Society invites you to help increase awareness of breast cancer prevention by painting Logan County pink.
You can participate by:
- Decorating your home or business in pink. Pink lightbulbs are available at Citizens Federal in Bellefontaine, Town Hall in West Liberty, or The Depot in Lakeview.
- Sponsor a pink ribbon flag: Your flag can be a tribute to a loved one with a special message attached. You can choose to have your flag placed in Bellefontaine, West Liberty, or Lakeview for the month of October. Follow this link to SPONSOR.
- Visit a local business: Several businesses throughout Logan County will offer October specials to raise money for the Logan County Cancer Society.
- Buy Merchandise: Paint LoCo Pink shirts can be purchased through September 18th. Click HERE to order.
Proceeds from all these special activities, sponsorships, tributes, and shirt sales benefit the Logan County Cancer Society. In turn, 100% of the money supports Logan County residents with any cancer diagnosis.