The Indian Lake Laker girls placed 3rd at the Cedarville Friendship Invitational with 106 points.
Reagan Rash led the Lakers with a runner-up finish in 19:51.
Three other Lakers finished in the top 25 including KaiLea Miller in 18th (22:02), Evie Wagner in 23rd (22:10), and Hannah Metzger in 24th (22:18).
Kayleigh Taylor was 66th (24:58), Maggie Reese was 83rd (26:26), Makayla Motter was 84th (26:26), and Haley Metzger was 115th (28:26).
The boys’ team finished 15th of 23 teams and was led by Grant McPherson in 49th (18:27).
Tony Cummins was 87th (19:41), Titus Kelly was 93rd (19:47), Cason Lacher was 110th (20:33), Caleb Altstaetter was 143rd (21:34), Daniel Wahl was 151st (21:40), Will Faler was 171st (22:27) and Hayden Hoffman was 230th (29:26).
The Lakers run next week at the Dublin Jerome Celtic Clash night meet.
The Bellefontaine High School Girls Cross Country Team raced to a 3rd place finish at the Minster Classic Saturday.
Grace Brown led the way with another 1st place finish.
Kailyn Newman medaled placing 6th overall.
Brianne Sechrest brought home a top 30 award with a personal best time for the 2nd meet in a row.
Ella Reier and Zoey Rister stepped up with outstanding races both cutting a significant amount of seconds off of their season-best times.
- 1. Grace Brown 19:19
- 6. Kailyn Newman 21:25
- 24. Brianne Sechrest 23:07 (PR)
- 35. Ella Reier 24:07 (Season Best)
- 49. Hannah Wilson 26:13
- 50. Zoey Rister 26:18 (Season Best)
- 52. Mia DeLong 26:23
- 76. Clair Grandstaff 34:04
The Chiefs run next in the Celtic Clash at Dublin Jerome next Saturday.
The Bellefontaine High School Boys Cross Country Team, the Chieftains claimed the team title.
Individual results (97 runners):
- 1. Tony Stewart 16:08
- 8. Hayden Maus 17:02 PR
- 9. Jake Moreland 17:16
- 10. Seth Taylor 17:31
- 13. Oliver Grandstaff 17:45
- 25. Elias Abrego 18:34
- 31. Will Myers 18:56
- 50. Wes Dunn 20:16
- 52. Ollie Moreland 20:20
- 55. Brendan Murray 20:39 PR
- 63. Ryan Alexander 21:04
- 67. Zerek Longbrake 21:15
- 88. Grant Erickson 23:10
- 93. Fredy Hernandez 27:20
- 96. Isaiah Roberts 31:23
The West Liberty-Salem girls cross country team won its first meet of the season competing in the DI race at Cedarville University’s Friendship Invitational.
The Big Orange currently ranked second in the DIII OATCCC state rankings placed five runners in the top 20 for the win.
- 4th Malia Miller 19:21.21
- 12th Ashley Yoder 20:22.07
- 13th Addie McAuley 20:27.38
- 17th Mallory Bostick 20:52.14
- 18th Breece Gullett 20:57.07
- 26th Gwen McCullough 21:40.28
- 49th Lily Yoder 22:30.31
- 76th Mylee Dooley 23:34.65
- 112th Emma Smith 24:56.74
- 142nd Isabella Hughes 26:05.11
- 147th Celia Fernandez 26:10.22
WLS will host the 51st Annual Ohio Caverns Max Evans Memorial Invitational on Saturday, September 23rd.
BOYS: West Liberty-Salem, #1 in this week’s OATCCC D3 State Poll, won the Cedarville Friendship Invitational Blue Division race.
- Jr. Asher Knox 6th 16:37.4 (Season Best)
- So. Dylan King 9th 17:02.7
- So. Caleb Larson 11th 17:06.0
- Jr. Troy Bradley 13th 17:13.0 (Season Best)
- Jr. Quentin Rudolph 15th 17:16.6
- Sr. Joey LaRoche 17th 17:18.5
- So. Garrett Wallen 22nd 17:32.0 (Season Best)
- So. Taryn Bradley 32nd 17:58.5 (Season Best)
- So. Brevin Louden 35th 18:07.2 (Season Best)
- Sr. Mason Barger 77th 19:22.3 (Season Best)
- Sr. Maxwell McCombs 121st 20:55.6 (Career PR)
- So. Levi Miller 216th 25:05.2 (Career PR)
Next Race: 51st Annual Ohio Caverns Invitational next Saturday, Sept 23rd at 9:20 AM
The Benjamin Logan Cross Country teams competed at the Triad Invitational on Saturday.
The girls’ team came home with first place, out of five schools.
Gwen Smith led the Raiders placing 3rd of 19 runners. She was followed by Lottie Bodin in 6th.
Rounding out the scoring was Cielo Wilcox 11th, Montana Coleman 12th, and Mallory Chapman 13th.
Also running for the Raiders were Mia Ortiz and Illy Vermillion.
The girls recorded several personal records in the meet.
The boys placed second of 6 teams.
Greyson Butler led the team placing 11th of 20 runners.
He was followed by Michael Berry 12th.
Completing the scoring were Roman Williams, Logan Watkins, Miles Grandbois, and Ezra Ramsey.
The teams are back in action Saturday at the Graham Invitational.