The Bellefontaine City Council met in regular session on Tuesday evening.
Prior to the meeting, the council held a special hearing regarding the annexing of property into the city limits.
Matthew T. Watson and Katrina Gaskins of Thompson, Dunlap, and Heydinger, Ltd. of 18 Monument Square, Urbana, OH, 43078 acting on behalf of Tod Johnson of 404 Superior St., Bellefontaine, and Brian and Veronnica Blair of 405 Wren Ave., Bellefontaine, are requesting that their combined 15.071-acre tract (Logan County parcel #’s 15-107-05-05-002-000, 15-107-05-05-002-001 &15-107-05-05-002-002) be annexed to the City of Bellefontaine. They are also requesting parcel #15-107-05-05-002-000 be rezoned R3C, Condominium Residence District, and parcel numbers 15-107-05-05-002-001 & 15-107-05-05-002-002 be rezoned R1, One Family Residence District, This property is located at the east dead end of Wren St. and in Lake Township.
The council took the following action:
Ordinances/resolutions for 1st reading:
- 23-47, An ordinance authorizing the Service-Safety Director to advertise for bids and enter into a contract for the 2023 street painting & striping project and declaring an emergency in the City of Bellefontaine, Ohio.
- 23-38, An ordinance making supplemental appropriations and amending the permanent appropriations ordinance for purposes of incidentals- revolving loan-housing and declaring an emergency.
- R23-49, A resolution authorizing the Law Director, Auditor, and/or Bellefontaine Municipal Court Prosecutor to apply for and accept a certain Community Corrections Act Grant from the State of Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections for the operation of the Probation Department at the Bellefontaine Municipal Court.
- R23-51, A resolution authorizing and directing the Service-Safety Director and/or Police Chief to apply for and accept an American Recovery Plan Act Wellness, Recruitment, Retention, and Resiliency Grant.
Ordinances for 3rd reading:
- 23-40, An ordinance amending the clerical workers’ pay scale to add the permanent part-time evidence room manager/crime scene position to said scale.
- 23-41, An ordinance amending the temporary part-time evidence room manager/crime scene position to a permanent position.
- 23-42, An ordinance repealing section 1185.26 of the planning and zoning code of the codified ordinances of the city of Bellefontaine, Ohio.
The next Bellefontaine City Council is set for September 12th and 7:30 PM in council chambers.